Monday 14 November 2011

Christmas Gifts for Grandparents

It's almost that time of the year again! Yes, Christmas is 4 weeks away - and with this comes the nightmare of Christmas shopping. YIKES. I really hate going to malls during the shopping season, the ques are long the stores are busy and I can never find what I am looking for. This year I think I will look into online shopping to skip the Christmas chaos. 

At the top of this years list, are the Grandparents, it would have been our daughter but at 8months she is too young to really appreciate gift giving. And to be quite honest I don't think we would have survived the first year without the help of Grandparents! 

The modern day grandparent doesn't quite fit the idea of an old women knitting jersey's and feeding the cats. I find that modern grandparents are quite refined and stylish. So with that in mind here are some gift ideas for Grandparents:

Personalized Photo Collage: I like this because it has a beautiful design, using your child's name, and fill the frame with cute pictures from the year that has past.

   
The Photobook: Instead of putting photo's in an album, why not get a book printed and bound. This is a fantastic gift, you can even get the kids to write or draw personal messages to the Grandparents to give it a special touch. 


Personalized Jewelry: Probably a better idea for Grandma, but this charm bracelet is a great idea. You can add the names of her children and grandchildren to make it a special gift. I like the look and feel of 'Hand Stamped' jewelry in particular.


A Web Cam: A lot of grandparents live far away and miss their families, why not get them a cute Web Cam so that you can chat online with them. You may need to help them understand how to use it, but it will make staying in touch that much more special to them. 
Name Rocks: This would be a good gift idea for a grandparent who enjoys gardening. The rocks can be used in pot plants, or specially placed in areas of the garden. 


The Photo Calendar:  Much like the photobook and collage idea, you could make them a personalized 2012 calendar. You can find the software online for free and get it printed. Then your gift will be used for a whole year!



Then lastly... Why not bake a Christmas card instead of getting one from the store. You can get the kids involved in this one, and they will have fun doing it too. You will have something to give them to do during their school holidays. What do I mean bake a card? See below on how effective it is. 




1 comment:

  1. Hi Leanne! Nice post! I love the photobook!
    I saw you live in South Africa! Awesome! I hope you enjoy it there, I have a sister living in Pretoria.
    You are welcome to check out my blog
    http://we-makepeople.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete